Monday, February 15, 2010

its a big, big world!

Geez, and the famous (or infamous) vals day has come n gone.

True, i roasted in the real sense of it buuuut.....i was asked out on a date that went well and he's cute :D

I actually forgot to call my family, can you imagine that but they called me eventually and i could just burst with all the love. It felt so good!

Took my mind back to a particular vals day may years ago when i was really little...my grandma gave me and my siblings a really big atlas (the name was "its a big big world" actually...lol). Yeah, i know, i have talked about this atlas a lot on twitter because i loved it a lot

The thing about this atlas was it was my childhood companion. You may think thats pathetic as a growing child, no friends, parties or things but i tell you it was wonderful to be able to play all sorts of games with my siblings with the atlas. We practically studied it and i must tell you the information was priceless. As a matter of fact, we didnt realize we were missing out on anything(at least i didnt). We were just too happy because almost all our breaks were spent in grandma's house and you know how grandmas are with children. Discipline n d purest love.

Yesterday when i thought of my gifts through the years, that atlas came to mind and i smiled from my heart because that atlas from her was the best gift ever. Now shes older and so are we but we are still so attached to her apron strings (and so is my mum, she's my maternal grandma). I had called the family and gisted with all of them, and it wasnt till now that it clicked what was missing yesterday.....i did not place a call to her...i wonder what i can give her but i know she has no use for gifts now and the good thing is, it wont be too late when i make that call.

I love my grandma and she is my valentine! :)

No comments: