Saturday, November 1, 2008

POP goes the hot pants!!!

Literally, it did go pop! really!.....
I had the most embarassing day on thursday, 30th Oct. You know how there are those things that happen just in a person's mind and never in reality....ok...this one occurred and i really needed for the floor to open and swallow....the witnesses up, not me!...LOL.
I have enjoyed positive, wonderful attention this semester without really meaning to, you know...the "wow, you look very nice" n "oooh, i love ur shirt", and even the whispering of funny things like "i like undoing knots" (as i was wearing a straight skirt with a knot at the back that day) from a guy who isn't so friendly with females or generous with compliments as it were. i didn't get proud so don't think that's why i fell. At least, i hope not).
Neway, my story is this....i had just bought these new pants (trousers) n i had worn them a few times without any problem but on this particular day, something somehow went terribly wrong with them...
...AND THEY SPLIT RIGHT AT THE MAIN ZONE DOWN UNDER WITHOUT MY KNOWING IT!!!
...Even as i type this blog two days after the "happening", i can't tell how long i was walking with my pants split before i finally realised it (although i think it was just before or after my visit to the buttery or the last lecturer's office). and to make matters even more "colourful", i was wearing a bright yellow underwear!!!
On this particular day, i went to more offices than i normally do...i don't even know why....ok, first, i went to see one of my lecturers to explain something in my test to him, then i went to see my project supervisor to give him feedback on the project progress, then i went to see another of my lecturers for advice on how to proceed with a certain part of my project and then to the buttery where my class guys were having a break from all the work n pressure....and you can be sure that I SAT EXACTLY OPPOSITE ALL THESE PEOPLE WITH MY LEGS OPEN!
Now, all this while, i did not have an inkling that anything had gone wrong (but thank God i wasnt wearing the string...i went straight old school with the underwear....fully full)...it was after i had left the building and got to the ATM booth, i decided to find out exactly why my pants felt loose and then... i could have fainted when i found the hole out....i cringed all the way to my hostel playing the tape of all the places i went to and the brief split-second glances (i began to imagine that i saw) in a certain direction of my body...and oh!!! i almost died. My rep!!!! My life!!! It was all over!!!
Bless, we don't have friday classes so i figured the long weekend will help forget, get over it n "heal" cos i used to think i couldn't get embarassed bu thissssss....nah....that totally cut it for an embarassing moment
But the funny thing was, I got to my hostel and as I started telling my friends, they burst into laughter and i too was almost in tears cos of the laughter (especially as someone else confessed that the same thing happened to her in 200l) and in that moment it seemed like, "ehen, kini big deal...shit happens mehn"...at least no be my undewear go be the first wey dem don see in their life and no matter what, it could have been worse (i take that as my consolation package)!!!
Peace!

No comments: